Saturday Morning Guitar
What is Saturday morning guitar? It’s a great opportunity to get better at guitar whether you’re just learning or have some experience. There are many people who are interested in learning guitar but can’t commit to a consistent class time. That is why I made this guitar class. People can just drop in and learn at their leisure for a very affordable rate.
Who can come? Anybody who wants to learn guitar!
What should I bring? Your guitar, no amp, and $10 if you aren’t in my studio already or just a twoonie if you are in my studio already. Siblings of studio students only pay $5. If parents want to play along they also pay $2. If they are only observing then they are free. You’ll see a box to drop your money after you sign in. Oh, and if you bring an electric guitar, be sure to bring a patch cord as I only have a few.
What else do I need to know? There are a few things:
- You can stay for a maximum of 40 minutes.
- It's starts at 9am and goes to 10:30am. Please don't come any earlier :)
- There are only 6 people allowed in the studio at one time on guitar. If you come and there are already people there, just wait before signing in until someone else leaves.
- You MUST check the website (www.mrghent.ca) before coming in case I’ve decided to take my family somewhere. While I do want this class to be a regular thing I also don’t want to have every Saturday morning busy.
- There are no IOU’s or loans. You must come with CASH. You may if you like pay ahead, but there are no refunds and once June’s last class has come and gone everything is reset for the next year. Feel free to talk with me for clarification on that.
- You may reserve your spot by email (see contact info) but if people are waiting and you aren’t there within 5 minutes of your time you may get bumped to the next spot.
Keep in mind that Mr. Ghent isn’t a riff master guitar god type of guy. While I will be able to help you with most things, if you’re looking to jam with someone who is amazing at riffs and such, go get lessons with Brian Roy as he is far better than I.
One more thing. These classes are not lessons but merely a place to drop in and receive tips and guidance and resources for guitar. If you would like a dedicated class, get a few friends to join up with you and arrange a custom guitar class with Mr. Ghent.